Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 – 6.7″ (8GB RAM, 256GB ROM) Android 12 (12/12)MP + 10MP Selfie – 5G – Snapgradon 8+ Gen1 – Dual Sim – 3700mAh – Pink Gold
Samsung has improved on the Galaxy Z Flip3 by tweaking all weak points both reviewers and users have agreed upon – low-light camera performance, battery life, charging speed. And, of course, the new Z Flip4 gets to boast the most current Android chip – the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1.
The new Galaxy Z Flip4 features the same internal Dynamic AMOLED 2X and external Super AMOLED screens as the Z Flip3. But thanks to reduced bezels around the foldable screen and a flatter aluminum frame, the Z Flip4 is now a bit shorter and with a thinner hinge.
The Foldable Dynamic AMOLED 2X remains equally adaptive with up to 120Hz refresh rate and equally bright with a peak brightness up to 1200 nits. The crease in the middle is here to stay for now and so is the perforation for the selfie camera.
The Z Flip4 is IPX8-rated for water resistance – a feature that only Samsung offers across its third and fourth generation of foldable devices. Samsung and Sony are the only two makers that aim to offer water protection on most of their phones, and we truly appreciate the effort.
Besides the chipset upgrade, the Galaxy Z Flip4 also features an improved camera system on the back. It is still a dual-camera setup, but the main shooter now relies on a larger 12MP sensor with 1.8µm pixels coupled with a wider 24mm f/1.8 OIS lens. This new sensor should allow for a 65% improvement in light gathering and improve the low-light performance. The 12MP ultrawide and 10MP selfie cameras remain the same as on the Flip3.
The Galaxy Z Flip4 is powered by a 12% larger battery – it now packs a 3,700mAh cell, up from 3,300mAh within the Flip3. And even better, the phone now supports 25W fast charging, up from the sluggish 15W. The wireless fast charging has been sped up, too, now up to 15W.
And that’s about it – a new chipset, main camera, battery, and improved charging speed. And the latest Android version with the most current One UI, of course.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 specs at a glance:
- Body: 165.2×71.9×6.9mm, 187g; Plastic front (opened), glass back (Gorilla Glass Victus+), aluminum frame; IPX8 water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins), Armour aluminum frame with tougher drop and scratch resistance (advertised).
- Display: 6.70″ Foldable Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1200 nits (peak), 1080x2640px resolution, 22:9 aspect ratio, 426ppi; Cover display:, Super AMOLED, 1.9 inches, 260 x 512 pixels (Gorilla Glass Victus+).
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8475 Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4 nm): Octa-core (1×3.19 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.75 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510); Adreno 730.
- Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 512GB 8GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS/Software: Android 12, One UI 4.1.1.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 12 MP, f/1.8, 24mm, 1.8µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS; Ultra wide angle: 12 MP, f/2.2, 123˚, 1.12µm.
- Front camera: 10 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide), 1.22µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@60/240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR10+; Front camera: 4K@30fps.
- Battery: 3700mAh; Fast charging 25W, 50% in 30 min (advertised), Fast wireless charging 15W, Reverse wireless charging 4.5W.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); NFC; stereo speakers; Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified).